Friday, October 9, 2009

Surprise!

In my attempt to look and act like a young professional, I’ve been living in an apartment complex known as the Meridian. (In reality it’s a front for people who are still in college. I roam the halls in my pajamas, go visit my college friends down the hall…the only difference is that instead of a Resident Advisor giving a Violation of the Standards of Conduct, the concierge calls the police.) To date, I’ve had a pleasant stay at the Meridian, or the Mer-palace as I sometimes call it, but I, along with my Mer-friends, have come to find humor in the Mer-management follies. The Mer-management has kept us on our toes with surprise after surprise.

First Folly: The other day, our apartment was informed that we received a noise complaint from our neighbors. Instead of coming to inform us immediately, mer-management came the following day. However, if the concierge had come to visit us at the time of the complaint, he would have realized that nobody was home. You’re in trouble. Surprise.

Second-guess: Recently, the Meridian has been institutionalizing widespread paint reform throughout the building. In an attempt to inform the residents of the painting, mer-management hangs a Wet Paint sign. Where is this sign placed? In the elevator. So which floor is it that got painted? Oh, it’s a surprise.

Third Time’s the Charm?: Our friends recently placed a maintenance request because their dishwasher was failing to properly perform its primary function. They returned to the apartment after a day of work to find a (a) the maintenance had been completed and (b) their dishwasher still didn’t work. Instead, the maintenance slip read “Your dishwasher works good. Try using a different soap.” On our website, we say customer service is our top priority...but we are only kidding. Surprise!

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA. I should know better and not read your blog at work so I don't have to refrain myself from laughing out loud. Surprise!

    ReplyDelete