Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Curious Incident of the Travelling Church in the Nighttime

Just when I think all of the stars are aligned against me, I come to realize that there are more stars. Such is case when it comes to the curious incident of the travelling church in the nighttime. I already assumed the variables, to include the variable time, were optimized to maximize my disfavor. But this assumption was grounded on the assumption that time was constrained by the human compulsion for sleep.

Contrary to my original belief, I’ve learned that time is neither uniform nor discrete. It is not uniform because I value certain time (e.g., night-time) more than other time. And it is not discrete because there are certain periods where time is no longer black and white, but rather gray. Were you at that fraternity party until late last night or early this morning? Gray.

Well, the tree came crashing through my window during a gray period late last night or early this morning. The travelling church was back with a vengeance, commencing worship in the middle of the night. Literally, the middle of the night?! The upside was that the travelling church heeded my advice and abandoned the camouflage tent. The downside was the congregation failed to eliminate the underlying visibility problem. My next recommendation: God could probably see you better in the daylight instead of beneath the stars, which you may notice, are now all aligned.

No comments:

Post a Comment